Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Mitten


I returned back to the Mitten, and jumped immediately into work.

Every time I come home, 508 Linden is even more similar to the home in Running With Scissors. It makes me feel stifled, stressed, tired, and uncreative. This in combination with the collapsing state of Detroit makes life feel impossible.

I am determined to make something of myself, and to have an enjoyable summer. And I'm working on textile designs and such.

Tuesday because my little brother was in the hospital I took my little sister to Greenfield Village, I was a field trip chaperone.

And thoroughly fell in love with fabric all over again.

We walked into the weaving workshop, and I saw all the looms, and attached in another room all the knitting machines and I wanted to hop over the 1/2 wall and start setting up the machine and slide the punch card pattern back and forth.

My Favorite Today:
From Diabless. I love the dye of the skirt

Fabric Patterns:
From some random e-bay vintage store.

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE:





Sophia Coppola's Marie Antoinette is so over-played in blogs, but I couldn't help adding this picture:
I like how the florals seem almost like the same pattern, but clearly are not.

Another interesting floral:
I'd even like this as a wallpaper or on a chair or even as a pillowcase depending on the dimensions...


Details of Fabric:

From some Swedish clothes site?
I like the detail and pattern of the lace in combination with the boots.

I love her neckline, and in below as well!

From Play Like a Girl (I think...?)
Studs on a sheer silk, genius.

I'm not sure where this is from:
But I still like the quality of the fabric and the design and colour of the acorns.

The Sartorialist again!, only this time in Brazil:


I like the choice of material for the dress, from Schacci:
From Play Like a Girl, the colours here and dying of the fabric, and it's cut make me drool.



The Sartorialist, Look at the amount of varying colours!

And the level of colour repeated in this sweater:

No comments: